In this Social CRM case study in China, you can learn about how our Social CRM (sCRM) and Marketing Automation strategy helped a prestigious international education group:
- Improve lead generation and management
- Enhance data ownership and obtain data insights
- Boost O2O experience and deliver a consistent experience
- Craft more informed marketing strategies
- Empower communication with school communities
About The Client – Education Sector
Being a part of one of the most distinguished educational groups in the Asia-Pacific region, our client is an independent international school brand.
Since its establishment in Shanghai, the International School family has grown and expanded in China and other parts of Asia and is renowned for its academic excellence, innovation, and respect for tradition.
As the digital transformation in the Education sector has been booming globally, more and more schools are leveraging digital channels and employing Marketing Automation (M.A) strategies as a key tactic for digital transformation.
However, due to the differences in China’s digital ecosystem, where:
- Dominating social media channels differ from the rest of the world
- SMS and emails are not the main communication channels
- Private Traffic domains are concentrated in the WeChat ecosystem
This article talks specifically about the Marketing Automation strategy on a Brand level. In the next article, you can explore the School-specific level approach.
Marketing Automation and Social CRM (sCRM) Initiatives for the Brand Level
The ultimate objectives for the International Education Brand are to:
- Enhance the brand’s perceived value
- Empower all of the schools under the Brand
As many parents (the key target audience for China’s education sector) also follow the general Brand-level WeChat Official Account for initial research, this needs suitable M.A and sCRM strategies.
This is not only to more effectively convey and spread its perceived value, but also to guide the target audience to the individual school-level Official Accounts based on their interests, which helps accelerate lead generation.
Solutions & Results
1. Enhance Data Ownership and Multi-Channel Synergy
The initial Digital Transformation Audit of their assets in China uncovered that there was a lack of synergy between the Private Traffic domains. It was also extremely difficult to identify the follower profile among the existing pool of WeChat Official Accounts’ followers.
The next step was to craft user journeys across different channels to create synergy and deliver a seamless omnichannel experience.
At the same time, our Social CRM consultants in China also constructed a holistic tagging strategy to:
- Build and continuously enrich user profiles
- Improve the tailored content delivery accuracy (push the right content to the right users at the right time), ultimately boosting user engagement
In addition, we helped enhance the synergy between WeChat and the schools’ application platform. By leveraging the Social CRM system bound with the WeChat Official Accounts, the international school can make WeChat a CRM to view a holistic user journey across the systems and channels.
2. Elevate Lead Generation for Schools
As this Education Group has XX schools under its umbrella, one of the key focuses for the Management level is how the Group can generate qualified leads for their individual schools – a challenge that has been troubling the organization for some time.
Aside from the difficulty in bringing potential leads to different schools from the Group level, the Brand also lacked personalized engagement content for the identified main personas, including prospective parents and job seekers.
However, the resources for various needs (e.g. online enquiry, job searching, direction to School-level Official Accounts) were insufficient.
To tackle this issue, the Education Group needed to:
- Construct a Welcome Journey enabled by Marketing Automation to drive new leads to relevant schools’ WeChat Official Accounts based on their identified interests in an automated process
- Deploy keywords auto-reply for identity-based content delivery along the journey
- Establish an enquiry journey for a more efficient enquiry process
As a result, the International School Brand managed to:
- Achieve significant growth in the school interest identification among all followers
- Increased Journey completion rate through tailored engagement paths for new followers
- Identified a remarkable percentage of users with specific content interests, along with achieving a much higher enquiry submission rate
3. Improve Decision-Making Insights
Another important aspect that this education group in China was missing is the lack of data-driven insights and performance-tracking benchmarks to provide practical findings for key decision-makers.
Our Marketing Automation and Social CRM consultants worked with the Brand to deploy a website tracking plan besides the WeChat ecosystem. By placing tracking code on the website, the International School can record user actions and integrate data across multiple platforms to better understand user behavior.
Particularly, they can identify the visitors’ interests, evaluate the conversions, and achieve an omnichannel experience, data consistency, and focused analytics.
Additionally, the Group could also receive the monthly report template to evaluate key success indicators and build multi-channel evaluation metrics for the Marketing Automation mission.
As a result, the Brand and Schools can gain a better understanding of the main personas and uncover many interesting and surprising data-driven insights.
In the next part of our sCRM case study in the education sector, we will dive into our Marketing Automation and Social CRM initiatives for the School-level to enhance lead generation and generate more data-driven insights empowering strategic decision-making for the prestigious schools in China.
Looking for another M.A and Social CRM case study in China? Check below!